Hello, My Dear Readers, in English this time.
[ Se você tiver dificuldades em entender este blog em particular por não ter ainda total domínio do idioma, envie um e-mail para firstname.lastname@example.org ou email@example.com que eu terei o maior prazer em ajudá-lo!]
Let´s start with the definition of JOGGING directly from Wikipedia.
Jog – Jogged – Jogged
– `Yes, Mr. Carvalho, but what the hec does this have to do with English?` Well, considering the premise that the level and quality of our performance have a direct relation to how we´re feeling; here is a great tip from your teacher to help improve your mental ability to master the English language.
Remember many people do not do well because they do feel well. So our focus should be on how well we´re feeling all the time – this should be our priority: to feel well most of the time and the articicle that follows may give you some reasons for you to either adopt jogging as one way to make you feel well or start any form of exercise program.
You can find in jogging an excellent way of altering your state and mood and make you extremely healthy as well as an alternative to keep you fit and feel terrific about yourself. In addition to improving your cardiovascular fitness, here are the TOP 10 benefits jogging regularly can do for you, from the BritishWebsite where there are lots of interesting fitness tip to improve your life style: http://www.freefitnesstips.co.uk
– Blood pressure refers to the force with which your blood pushes against your blood vessel walls. If your blood pressure becomes too high it weakens your blood vessel walls which makes them more susceptible to aneurysms (bulging), atherosclerosis (the build up of fatty substances on the blood vessel walls) and hemorrhage (bursting).
2) INCREASE HDL (HIGH DENSITY LIPOPROTEIN) CHOLESTEROL:
– HDL cholesterol (also known as good cholesterol) helps control your overall cholesterol levels by scraping your blood vessels for excess cholesterol and then carrying it to the liver where it can be processed and excreted. If this excess cholesterol is not removed it may form plaque on your blood vessel walls which causes them to harden and become blocked. This then restricts the flow of blood to and from your heart which (as discussed above) ultimately causes heart attacks and heart disease. Improving your cardiovascular fitness increases your HDL cholesterol levels and in this way exercises such as jogging support a healthy heart and vascular system.
3) REDUCE RISK OF HEART DISEASE:
– By improving your cardiovascular fitness your heart becomes stronger and more efficient. A strong heart is more resistant to disease and is also under less pressure as it does not have to work as hard to pump blood around the body. Improving your cardiovascular fitness also lowers your blood pressure and increases your HDL cholesterol levels which further protects you from heart disease. Therefore, by jogging regularly you can increase your cardiovascular fitness and lower your heart disease risk.
4) IMPROVE ENDURANCE:
– In simple terms oxygen allows your body to release and use the energy that you get from food. The more efficient your body is at using oxygen the more energy you can produce during exercise. As discussed above, improving your cardiovascular fitness increases the volume of oxygen you can take in with each breath, increases the amount of oxygen pumped with each heartbeat and increases the volume of oxygen your muscles absorb. Therefore, regular jogging can increase the amount of energy your body produces which improves your overall endurance and allows you to jog for longer.
5) MAKE YOUR BONES STRONGER:
– When your bones are placed under stress they are forced to adapt and this leads to an increase in bone mineral density. Weight bearing exercises such as walking, jogging and weight lifting all stimulate an increase in bone mineral density. The benefit of this is stronger bones that are less likely to bend, fracture and break.
6) REDUCE CANCER RISK:
– Regular exercise such as jogging can significantly lower your risk for a number of cancers. It is thought to reduce your colon cancer risk by as much as 50% plus it also lowers your chances of contracting breast cancer, lung cancer, ovarian cancer and prostate cancer.
7) PREVENT AND TREAT OF DIABETES:
– Jogging can act as a great defense against diabetes. Although no one knows what causes diabetes a sedentary lifestyle and being overweight are two of the main risk factors. Both of these risk factors can be negated by jogging regularly. Pre-diabetes can also be prevented from developing into full type 2 diabetes by doing more exercise. Even if full diabetes develops exercises such as jogging are a very effective treatment tool.
8) PROVIDE YOU WITH STRONGER IMMUNE SYSTEM:
– There are a number of studies which link regular exercise with a strong immune system. There are a number of reasons behind this. First, regular exercise is thought to stimulate the production of lymphocytes (white blood cells) and macrophages (cells which attack bacteria). Secondly, consistent exercise is believed to make immune system cells circulate through the body more quickly and also make them more efficient at fighting bacteria and viruses.
9) IMPROVE MENTAL FITNESS:
– Jogging does not just impact your physical fitness – it has a positive effect on your mental fitness too. First, it can build confidence and self image because you are constantly challenging yourself and changing the way your body looks. Secondly, it can help you overcome anger and stress by giving you an escape from the pressures of day to day life. Thirdly, it can boost your mood through the release of endorphins (hormones which produce a sense of happiness and well being). Finally, it can help you become more focussed and determined as your will to succeed with your jogging becomes a skill that can be transferred to other areas of your life.
10) REDUCE BODY FAT LEVELS:
– An average person burns about 150 calories per mile jogged. So if you go for a five mile jog four times per week you will burn approximately 3000 extra calories each week (750 calories per jog).
I hope you´ve enjoyed the tips.
Remember: Before starting any form of exercise program, consult your physician/doctor first, and if you are overweight for jogging, start with a good walk around the block or in a park or on the beach. The important thing is to MOVE YOUR BODY.
To your success and health.😉
Luiz C. Carvalho